You can ensure your cutting board lasts generations by following these simple instructions:
- Never soak your board in water or drop it
- Never place your board in the dish washer
- Rinse with wet sponge after each use using hot water and a dab of mild dishwashing liquid and towel dry
- Do not use a steel brush or steel wool on your board
- It is recommended not to use wooden cutting boards for raw meats
- DO NOT allow moisture of any type to stand on or under the block for long periods of time.
- Be sure not to cut continuously in the same place on the top of your block. Distribute your cutting over the entire work surface so that it will wear evenly. Straight grain cutting boards will show wear much faster than end grain boards.
- Periodically apply an even coat of mineral oil to the work surface of your cutting board or butcher block. Sponge on with a rag and let dry.
- For best results use Shaping Grain Board Sauce which is a special blend of beeswax, Mineral Oil and Lemon Essential Oil. It can be used on wooden spoons, this board, etc and provides a water resistant surface as well as a nice shine.